DSP - Task5 - Spectral analysis, estimation of PSD
- Compare time dependance of short-time spectral characteristics and estimation of long-time Power Spectral Density (PSD)
- Use function specgram (evaluating time dependance of short-time PSD or magnitude spectra respectively).
- Use Welch-method for PSD estimation. It is implemented in MATLAB as functions psd (providing estimation of PSD for single signal) or spectrum (generalized version possibly evaluating also Cross Spectral Densities for two signal input).
SIGNAL TO PROCESSING:
- Sinusoidal of different frequencies
- White noise (different lengths, up to 10000 samples).
- EEG - this is ASCII-data file. For loading use standard MATLAB load.
- Selected single word from s0001.bin.
- Selected voiced part from s0001.bin (length up to 2000 samples).
- Binary data file without a header can be loaded and saved using following MATLAB function:
- Discuss limits for smoothing of short-time PSD using Welch method.
Back to Digital Signal Processing - Home page
This page was created
Thu Nov 23 09:24:51 CET 2000