XE31CZS - Digital Signal Processing - LECTURES
Summer semestr 2006/2007
Program for the semester:
- Introduction to the Course. [5 Oct 2007]
Basic properties of digital signals.
- Time domain signal characteristics [12 Oct 2007]
Auto-correlation and cross-correlation function.
- Fourier transform of discrete signals. [19 Oct 2007]
DTFT and DFT - basic properties. Computation algorithms - FFT, DFT of real sequence.
- Basic Properties of Spectral Analysis using DFT [26
Weighting windows. Signal periodicity in frequency domain.
- Spectral Analysis of Stochastic and Non-Stationary
Signals [2 Nov 2007]
Short-time and long-time characteristics. Power spectrum. PSD - Power Spectral Density.
- Signal and system representation in time and Z-domain.
[9 Nov 2007]
Z-transform. Difference equation. Impulse response and transfer function.
- Digital filtering I - FIR filters. [16 Nov 2007]
Properties. FIR filter design techniques, theory and
realization in MATLAB.
- Digital Filtering II- IIR filters [23 Nov 2007]
Approximations. Properties. IIR filter design in MATLAB. Comparison of IIR and
- Digital fitlering in frequency-domain. [30 Nov 2007]
Implementation of linear an cyclic convolution. Techniques of spectral masking, weighting, subtraction.
- Basics of Multi-Band signal Processing [7 Dec 2007]
Filter banks, decimation, interpolation.
- Basics of parametric methods of signal processing. [14
Linear prediction. Spectral analysis based on LPC.
- Application of LPC in speech processing. [21 Dec 2007]
Coding of speech signals. Applications in biological signal analyis.
- Reserve [4 Jan 2008]
- Reserve [11 Jan 2008]
Please, send me a mail in the case of any problem with this page
to the address
pollak at fel.cvut.cz
Last Change: Wed Mar 7 09:11:47 CET 2007